BanonieMwale Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization based in the Nkhotakota district of Malawi, Africa. It was founded to help educate children to give them a healthy start in life, empower young people through the opportunity to learn, and encourage local communities to support our efforts.
WHO WE ARE
We are an international group of volunteers who believe all people deserve access to opportunities for advancement and a better future. Our vision is to create a world in which all people, including youth in the most rural areas, hold power to create opportunities for themselves and others through education, business and motivation. We help transform lives through 4 core principles:
- Ecosystem preservation
WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
Education can transform the future for children in Malawi’s poorest areas. But right now, many remote villages have no access to schools. We are working in one of these districts, Nkhota-kota, to change this. By the end of 2020, we are on course to achieve some significant milestones in the northern part of Nkhota-kota:
- Creation of 500 jobs for local people through our small business program to help eradicate poverty in the area.
- Reduction of Secondary School dropout rate by 5% in the Community Day Secondary Schools through the introduction of prizes and competitions into the examination program.
- Increase in the Secondary School pass rate of 10 % by familiarizing youth with the national examination through our local examination centre.
- Increase the number of children enrolling in primary school by 20% through our program of Building Nursery Schools and Primary Schools.
- Secure sponsors to fund completion of the Primary School Block, Hall and Girls Hostels.
- 1500 trees planted by the local community.
Meet Our Team
MARGRET PEGGY TEMPERO
Chair-Person and Board Member
Vice-Chair-lady and Board Member
Education Program Coordinator and Board Member
BANONIE OLAD MWALE
Founder&Executive Managing Director and Board Member
Program Manager of Climate change and Environment
Coordinator and Organizer
Education Program Adviser and Board Member
GRACE CHINGENI MWALE
Program Coordinator of Youth and Women Empowerment